Nobody wants to have to make that dreaded doctor’s appointment to get that unusual skin issue worked out. Whether it is warts, acne, or hives, it can be embarrassing to discuss with even your doctor. The good news is that there are a number of natural remedies that you can do right from your home without ever having to run to the doctor. This makes it very convenient for you to treat your skin issue without the embarrassment that comes along with it.
There are so many skin conditions that individuals suffer from that can be literally, a pain. If you had a way to treat these conditions from home, would you do it? Here is a short list of some of those conditions and how you can treat them with items right in your own home.
Chronic hives are also referred to urtcaria and is a very serious skin condition. Hives cause welts on the skin that itch tremendously and cause discomfort. If you experience chronic hives, the welts on your skin could last for six weeks or even months. While this condition is not life threatening, it can be very frustrating to try to manage on a daily basis. No one is really sure what causes this condition. Some people who have lupus or a thyroid disorder may have chronic hives.
There are some remedies for chronic hives that you can do from home. These remedies are all natural and a great way to relieve your discomfort.
- Taking a bath in cold water or using a compress can help with the redness and itching that are caused by the welts. Cold has the ability to shrink the blood vessels and blocks the histamine. You can also add oatmeal to the bath and soak in it for about 10 minutes.
- Witch hazel and calamine lotion applied to the welts also keep the blood vessels from expanding so histamine is not exposed. This helps with the welts and the itching.
- If you take fish oil supplements in 1,000 mg doses three times during the day it will help to reduce inflamed areas which in turn eliminates some of the redness.
Acne occurs primarily in teenagers but can also be found in adults. Acne does not only form on the face but on different parts of the body. Any part of the body where there is a lot of oil-build up has the potential to form acne. Some individuals choose to buy over the counter products while others try home remedies. These home remedies have all been proven effective when it comes to acne on the face or other parts of the body.
- Apple cider vinegar works like magic when it comes to various health issues and it also helps with acne. When applied to the skin with a bit of water it has the ability to kill any bacteria that is causing the acne to form. It also has the ability to even out the pH balance of your skin which makes the bacteria stay away for good.
- Milk and honey has been proven effective when treating acne from home. Milk has the ability to soothe the skin that has become red and irritated. You will need to mix milk (or yogurt) with a bit of honey to create a cream-like substance. You can then use the concoction as a face mask.
- Creating an orange peel paste is also a great way to keep acne away. The vitamin C that is in an orange can get rid of the bacteria and dead skin cells that cause acne to begin with. All you need are some orange peels and some water.
Eczema is a skin condition that causes your skin to be dry and itch tremendously. There are a number of different home remedies that can keep your eczema from annoying you or getting worse.
- Try not to wash dishes or put your hands in water regularly. This causes your hands to dry out more and become itchy and red.
- You can also apply a wash cloth that has been soaked in cold milk to the affected areas. This will prevent itching and redness. Soaking your skin in oatmeal-based products also has similar effects.
- Stay away from harsh soaps when you have eczema. Soaps with harsh chemicals have the tendency to cause your skin to become more irritated. Check the ingredients on your products before you purchase any beauty products.
Skin conditions can be very annoying and embarrassing. Nevertheless, there is a good side to every problem. Most skin conditions have home remedies that you can try from your own home with very little hassle that is involved. Utilizing a home remedy for your skin condition is a great way to ease your pain and your mind.